WOMEN’S SELF DEFENSE SEMINAR
Krav Maga Great Lakes holds Self Defense Seminars and workshops through out the year that are open to the public. We are also available to come to your location and customize private seminars to your needs.
Some of our seminar topics are: Active Threat, Active Shooter, Abduction, Attacks with and without weapons (knives, sticks, guns, blunt objects)
We also are available to come to your location to give you a tactical plan of defense for you, those you employ, and congregations.
Krav Maga is for every woman, of every size, and every age!
Krav Maga is based on instinctual reactions to attacks. This makes it easier to learn, retain, and apply under high stress situations.
Most importantly, it is VERY EFFECTIVE.
LEARN! TRAIN! APPLY!
There are over 40,000 violent crimes (over 6,400 of those are rapes) committed every year in the state of Michigan. *FBI Uniform Crime Report 2015
Krav Maga Great Lakes is all about promoting awareness, strength, and self-defense skills for the women in our community. That’s why we offer powerful and relevant self defense classes for women. Our classes for women focus on rape prevention techniques and tactics, to build both inner and outer strength. Learn to spot danger signs, but also learn how to defend yourself when no danger signs are given. We prepare our students to readily face danger in all sorts of unexpected scenarios.
We also teach our students how to defend themselves against common chokes, grabs, bearhugs, and other attacks, including fighting on the ground and when confronted by a weapon. In order to prepare our students to the fullest extent, we emphasize realistic training scenarios and realistic defenses. This allows women to leave class feeling safe, strong, and empowered.
The Krav Maga Women Only Self Defense Seminars: Specifically Developed to Provide Protection and Instill Strength.
The Krav Maga Women Only Seminars have been carefully developed with valuable input from law enforcement officials and criminal prosecutors. In order to provide realistic training, the program deals specifically with how and where women are commonly attacked. Women are taught how to safely and effectively fend off an attacker with punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.
Krav Maga for Women: Building Up Strength through Preparation and Real-World Experiences.
The Self Defense for Women program incorporates training methods to build a women’s fighting spirit and to train them how to respond both mentally and physically in a time of need, eliminating the danger of “freezing” or “shutting down” in confrontations. Women receive hands on training in actual locations, ATM’s, parking lots, etc. and are attacked by instructors dressed in full protective padding allowing the women to deliver full contact counterattacks during training. We put the emphasis in creating real-world scenarios in order to ensure maximum preparation in potentially dangerous situations.
Our dedicated instructors ensure that the female students constantly feel safe and in control through the self-defense classes. It’s our mission to increase mental and physical strength within our female students, ensuring that they leave class with the ability to combat potential danger.
Women’s Self Defense Seminars
It’s all about Survival. You are worth it. You matter.
Fight Back! Your life may depend on it.
- FBI has proven statistics that fighting is your best option if attacked.
- Fighting back does not make them hit you harder! They are out to harm you.
- Trust your intuition! If it feels wrong go with your instincts. Do not worry about what someone may think or how they will feel. Your safety is more important.
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Minimize your distractions when walking to and from your car or home.
- Walk with a purpose. Head up, shoulders back, and looking forward.
- Make eye contact. It shows you are confident and not afraid.
- Beware of people loitering in the parking lot or around your vehicle. GO BACK INSIDE and ask for assistance to walk to your car. Notify the store or place of business you are leaving.
- Be aware of the automobiles parked around your car. If there is a van parked next to you…be very cautious. Again, it is better to error on the side of caution than end up being a victim.
- When you get in your car lock it! Do not just sit there. Start it and go.
- If you notice a note on your windshield or noise coming from your car do not stop and get out. These are common ways criminals get you out of your vehicle. Go to the nearest well lit public area to look. Or telephone for help.
- When in an elevator stand by the door and floor selection panel with your back against the wall. If you are attacked SWIPE ALL THE BUTTONS! This will open the door on every level so someone can help you and you can get away.
- Do not be afraid to use your VOICE. “Get away from me”.
- Turn on your FIGHT. Fight like you’ve never fought before. Your life may depend on it.
Final note to help you find your fight:
Why do you want to live? Why (the reason you give) and ask yourself why again, and again. For at least 5 times ask yourself why. Hopefully, you will know your why. Hopefully, your why will be strong enough for you to find your fight. Fight back with everything you’ve got! Everything. Every strike should be with intensity to end the fight.
Call 248-953-4180 for more information about our seminars.
Krav Maga Great Lakes
Self Defense | Fitness | Nutrition | Accountability | Fighting
Techniques based on instinctual reactions to attacks.
Krav Maga Great Lakes is a licensee of Krav Maga Worldwide